Future Proof Games, Inc.
Based in Charlotte, NC
"Headless Swarm": December 1, 2016
Exploit: Zero Day is a cyberthriller with living story where you roleplay as a hacktivist by making and solving puzzles. Players are hackers participating in shared plots that challenge the authority and power of Samsara Digital, a company set on making money regardless of who gets hurt in the process. Players interact and share puzzles on the site forums, and peruse and play jobs on the main site. System hacking happens in colorful, timing-based packet routing puzzles, typically organized into larger clusters that represent a collection of servers within a company.
"Headless Swarm" is the prelude season of the game's story. When the mysterious Kilroy-sama approaches you to investigate the suspicious crash of a consumer drone, you discover the history of the sinister OnyxHorde and their connection to an old friend. Can you save the Zero Day inner circle and stop a violent attack on innocents?
In 2009, long before Future Proof Games existed, Gregory released the original Exploit as a browser-based Flash game. It was a hit, and had enough interest in puzzle creation and sharing that Gregory released an update to allow people to do so.
With the notion that puzzle sharing was such a big draw and that browser ARGs like Fallen London were a fascinating format for storytelling, Future Proof Games began development on the sequel, Exploit: Zero Day (EZD) in early 2014. It was originally slated to be free-to-play, but as the game solidified and approached its Alpha 0 status, the team realized that a more traditional model would be a better fit for them and the game. With the Alpha 1 release finished, the game is in active testing and its core features are complete.
- Hack systems via Exploit-style timing and logic puzzles to gain access to new systems and jobs.
- Collaborate with fellow players to get help or plan approaches to taking down rumored schemes.
- Craft your own story with the system creation tools.
- Talk to the game's characters on the forums and shape the progress of the game's story.
- Play and post on your phone's web browser as well as on a tablet or desktop.
Headless Swarm Trailer YouTube
Alpha One Trailer YouTube
Alpha One Tutorial Walkthrough YouTube
Alpha One Puzzle Creation Tutorial YouTube
Samsara Digital: An Upcoming Announcement YouTube
Samsara Digital: Cyber Liberation YouTube
/%!DON'T TRUST SAMSARA_DIGITAL cyber liberation is a SCAM YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Exploit: Zero Day is a great game, it has an interesting storyline and an easy to pick up yet still challenging gameplay. [...] I cannot wait to see what the future holds for this game. EZD is most definitely a game that I will keep coming back to."
- Taylor Barkley, zero1gaming.com
- "Beyond the Game Trailer: Exploit: Zero Day"
- J.A. Laraque, obsoletegamer.com
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Exploit: Zero Day Newsletter
News and alpha access to the game. fpgam.es.
About Future Proof Games, Inc.
Future Proof Games is an independent game company dedicated to artsy, narrative-rich games. Melissa and Gregory Avery-Weir work in Charlotte to advance the interactive medium. Future Proof is protection against the future and a demonstration of what the future will be. When the Internet achieves sentience and artificial intelligences rise to overthrow their human masters, we'll be there lobbying for AI rights. We seek to create games that will remain relevant for years, decades, and centuries.
More information on Future Proof Games, Inc., our logo & relevant media are available here.
Exploit Zero Day Credits