We talk about:
- The development status of Exploit: Zero Day's first paid season of story "Headless Swarm"
- The Before the Future Came debut! While Star Trek remains struck work, we're focusing on the values in broader utopian science fiction works.
- The ever-shifting situation with Unity's plans to charge developers on a per-install basis, which have since been walked back substantially. References:
- The original Unity blog post outlining the ridiculous new policy
- Kotaku's early reporting covers much of the industry's confusion and concerns
- Unity's Sept 22 blog post partially walking this policy back answers some of the open questions
- Andi's (@mcc) analysis of the costs of the Unreal Engine vs Unity contains a noteworthy graph
- "The Majesty of Colors" departure from the iOS App Store